This is a terrific alfredo sauce. Seriously. Don’t think of this as a vegan alfredo recipe, just think of it as a cleaner, healthier, pasta dish. The flavor is spectacular. Enjoy.
- 1lb linguine
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 clove fresh garlic (minced)
- 5 fresh basil leaves (torn)
- 2-3 cups of torn spinach
Cook linguine according to package directions.
While cooking, blend coconut milk, cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and water. Medium to high speed blender will work perfectly.
Heat olive oil and add chopped vegetables and garlic. Sauté until onions are soft. Add coconut milk sauce from blender and heat until “alfredo” thickens.
Drain and rinse linguine. Poor alfredo on top and enjoy.