This thick and hearty stew is filling, healthy, and delicious!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
In dutch oven or soup pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in garlic and onion. Cook until onion is translucent in color.
Stir in broth, 3 cups water, lentils, rice, carrots, celery, and spices. Bring to boil.
Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 45-55 minutes, or until lentils and rice are tender.