Awesome live food version of this classic.
- 3 cups tomatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper (orange would be great too), diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 yellow or red onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 corn off the cob
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, minced
- cilantro (as much as you like), chopped
- 1 – 2 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano, fresh or dried
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
Prepare vegetables and combine all ingredients in large size bowl. Place 1/2 or so of the mix into a food processor and blend until pureed. Return puree to diced vegetables and toss well.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon tamari, bragg’s or nama shoyu, or 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
Place all ingredients into food processor and pulse until crumbly. You don’t want to over blend or it will be a paste.
To serve, place vegetable chili in bowls and top with nut meat adding any additional garnishes you like. Serves four, or two generously. Store left overs, if there is any, in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Chili will last for five to six days. Nut meat will last up to two to three days, depending on the freshness of the mushrooms. Before eating let sit at room temp as it tastes best this way.