The leaves aren’t turning yet but it is starting to look a little different in the produce department! This Fresh Fall Salad has crisp, juicy pear, tangy clementines, plump red grapes and a sweet vinaigrette that makes everything fall into place perfectly.
yields: 2 large servings
- 4 cups Mixed Greens (I used baby spinach, escarole, and arugula)
- 1/2 cup broccolini, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 medium red pear, diced
- 2 clementines, peeled and separated
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all cut fruit, pecans, and broccolini in a mixing bowl. In a smaller bowl mix together the vinaigrette ingredients: olive oil, both vinegars and agave. Stir well. Drizzle over fruit mixture, mix to coat. Create a bed of torn mixed greens on your serving plate. Top with fruit mixture and serve.