This is a twist on a soft-serve place Kara and I go to at Union Square in New York City called The Soft Serve Fruit Company. The first time we went there we tried an array of flavors but it was the Crunch Salty that won us over. So much so, we don’t even refer to the place as the Soft Serve Fruit Company… We refer to it as Crunchy Salty. Here is my best shot at replicating this wonderful treat at home.
Banana Soft Serve
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk (or your choice of milk)
- 1 T chia seeds (thickens it)
Blend ingredients in a blender or food processor. Poor soft serve into bowl or cup.
- 1 tablespoon carob chips (or vegan chocolate chips if you prefer)
- A small handful of semi-crushed pretzels
Top with a melted nut butter sauce…
- 1 tablespoon of chosen nut better
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
Heat for 30 seconds or until slightly melted.