This is a delicious salad, very different from the other ones on the website. The leafy arugula is a tasty accent to the tomatoes and avocados. The lime dressing brings out the flavors of all major ingredients. I served mine on top of toasted slices of 7-Grain Sprouted Ezekiel Bread.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 ripe large Hass avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup hemp oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and pour over salad mixture.
Gently mix the tomatoes, avocados, onions, arugula, and the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Sprinkle the cumin and cilantro over the top.
(Adapted from The Food Network)