The quest to create refined sugar-free desserts that blow your mind continues…don’t let the avocado scare you off. This little dessert is big on taste and pretty healthy as far as desserts go!
Yeilds: 18 Mint Avocado Cups
- 8 squares Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate
- 1/2 cup soy margarine
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Agave
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon stevia, liquid
- 3 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon mint extract
- 1 teaspoon Spirulina (this is optional, but go for it! Spirulina is a complete protein containing all essential amino acids and in this recipe it helps with green color! Source.)
Crumbly Cake Layer:
- 2 1/2 cups whole walnuts, shelled, unsoaked
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia)
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
Line a muffin pan with paper liners. To prepare base put chocolate and soy margarine in a medium size bowl and heat until melted. This takes about 3-4 minutes in the microwave. Watch carefully and stir until mixture is smooth when finished. Add the rest of the base ingredients and stir. Pour or spoon mixture evenly into each lined muffin cup.
In food processor combine Crumbly Cake Layer ingredients. Pulse until all ingredients are blended but leave this layer fairly chunky. Place mixture in a small bowl and ready processor for the next layer.
Lastly, prepare the Mint Layer. Place both peeled and pitted avocados into processor along with the other Mint Layer ingredients. Process until smooth.
Add Mint Layer to your chocolate base using either a spoon, pastry bag, or plastic bag with corner cut off. Top with Cake Layer and put pans in freezer to set. Cups should be ready to eat in about 45-60 minutes.