By Heather Millbach and Damien Barling
Heather (a very skilled massage therapist) was spending the weekend in DC working on Kara during a tough stretch of 4 games in 8 days. 2 games and 2 wins in we were watching a movie on Saturday afternoon…
Damien – “So what do you guys want to do for dinner?”
Kara – “I want pancakes!”
Heather – “YES! Let’s make pancakes. I think I have the perfect recipe. Breakfast for dinner.”
Yep. She sure did. And here it is. Perfect for breakfast or a Saturday night dinner!!
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups homemade almond milk (store bought almond milk is fine as is any other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 egg replacer egg (flax egg works perfect – 1tblsp ground flax + 3 tblsp water)
- 2 tablespoons of soft or melted organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 3 cups of mixed fresh mixed berries (optional)
- non dairy whipped cream (optional)
Combine non-dairy milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside. Prepare the egg replacer (flax egg) and set aside. Combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk the egg replacer and melted coconut oil into the milk and vinegar.
Add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
Scoop about 1/4 cup measurements on a lightly greased griddle.
Cook for 2 – 4 minutes on each side – until golden brown.
Top with fruit and whipped cream and enjoy! These are AWWWEEE-SOME!